Before we discuss the reasons why flat packed furniture do not tend to last long, let us first see what flat packed furniture is all about.
What is Flat Packed Furniture?
Flat packed furniture, also known as knock-down furniture or ready-to-assemble furniture, is furniture that is assembled in flat parts so that it is easy and quick to assemble. The flat packaging is the basic advantage of flat packed furniture. It is also considered useful because it efficiently saves a lot of space. It is also favorable for manufacturers because it significantly saves a lot of money due to low storage and shipping costs. On the other hand, consumers benefit from flat packed furniture as they get it in comparatively lower prices and that this furniture is handy and very easy to move.
Flat packed furniture is typically designed to create furnishing very easy. Companies usually provide furniture with pre-drilled holes and tend to make other preparations before passing them on to the customer so that it requires minimal work to get the furniture pieces to fit together. However, people are still reluctant to buy this furniture due to the durability factor.
So what are the reasons why flat packed furniture doesn?t last long? Find out.
The following are the five reasons why flat packed furniture is not believed to be lasting long.
1. Flat packed furniture does not provide the quality according to its price. Upon opening the box of flat packed furniture, people have high expectation of the furniture. However, most of people face real disappointment looking at the quality of the furniture, which is not worth the price. Low quality and thin pieces of furniture are considered weak and therefore are not believed to stand very long.
2. Flat packed furniture does not require professionals for assembling. It comes with the accessories and other preparations that make it easy for people to assemble it on their own. However, since it is fixed or assembled without the supervision of professionals, the durability of the furniture cannot be trusted completely.
3. Like it was mentioned earlier, most companies make preparations before selling flat packed furniture to consumer to make it easier for them to assemble it. Sometimes, the preparations are not done properly. This further creates a chance for the furniture to break down soon because of improper assembling.
4. One of the most common problems with flat packed furniture is the missing accessories and tools. Upon opening the box, many people realize that some tools or accessories required for assembling the furniture are missing. Sometimes it is too confusing for the people that they try to fix the furniture up with whatever they have thus dropping its level of durability.
5. People are too dependent on the furniture when they are at home. Furniture is used throughout the house. By using low quality flat packed furniture casually in the household, the chance of the furniture to stand longer decreases.
However, these reasons will greatly depend on the quality of the furniture. If you buy the right flat packed furniture from the right place, you may not have to suffer these problems.
Chris has been working and blogging about furniture for quite some time and has been published in numerous blogs. Aside from blogging, Chris offer interior design advice at http://www.christopheliving.com.au
Category: Home Improvement
There are no comments yet. Why not be the first to speak your mind.