If you have been putting off switching your windows to double glazing due to pushy salesmen and inflated quotes then let me try and convince you otherwise. Below are my 5 reasons why you should get double glazing installed in your home.
1. Smaller Energy Bills – The benefits of installing double glazing can be astounding in those home that were previously uninsulated. For example if you were to replace all single glazed windows with B – rated double glazing this could save you up to £165 a year on your energy bills. This means that over the 10 year life cycle you will have made back approximately £1650.
2. Cut the Carbon – The reduction to your energy bills will also have positive side effects upon your carbon footprint, on top of saving an extra £165 a year for yourself you will be saving the environment up to 680 kg in carbon emissions. That is a lot and again over the 10 year life cycle will add up to a huge saving.
3. Increased Comfort – Whilst saving both money and the environment are both brilliant things, perhaps the most important aspect of double glazing is the benefits it will have upon your comfort. Double glazing goes a long way to completely removing heat loss through the windows, this mean fewer of those pesky draughts and cold spots that have trouble you for so long.
4. Peace and Quiet – Noise can be a major frustration for anyone living in urban areas or even just next to a busy road. So if you have been losing sleep due to noise pollution from outside then double glazing could provide the answer for you. Energy efficient double glazing can significantly reduce the noise from outside it does this by using gases such as Argon in between the sheets of glass. The reason for this is Argon it is not a very good conductor of heat which makes it ideal for double glazing. On top of this Argon is almost 6 times as dense as normal air and it is this attribute that results in less sounds passing through it.
5. Damp Issues – Last but by no means least is a significant reduction in that pesky condensation that forms on your window surfaces. Condensation can lead to real problem in your house if not taken care of for a number of reasons. Black Mold being one of them, it is a common accomplice of condensation which can cause ill health in some people. If this wasn’t enough condensation is a major cause of damp, damp can make it difficult for your house to retain its warmth as wet building materials lose their heat more quickly than dry.
That brings me to the end of the 5 reasons why you should get double glazing installed in your home. If you are still not convinced or want to see the other side of the coin there is heaps of information online for you to delve into.
About that Author : Joe Symons is a keen blogger who is passionate about writing about any topics from bricklaying in bath to double glazing in Surrey.
There are no comments yet. Why not be the first to speak your mind.